Posted by : Unknown Wednesday, October 05, 2011

I get asked a lot of questions about Game Design, Game Development, Gaming Education (Full Sail), etc...but it occurs to me that only the person asking gets the response.  With that in mind, I've decided to start taking and answering questions here on my blog so that everyone can see the answers.

No question is too big, small or scary!  I'll occasionally reach out to my other industry friends and get them to weigh in as well.  So, bring em on!

Feel free to send your questions through email, Twitter, or even here in the post notes.  I'm also open to any other methods of asking questions that you might have.

Look forward to hearing from all of you! 

You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Game Design posts

6 Responses so far.

  1. Terry says:

    Hey Jameson,

    What is the biggest thing that changed in your life once you landed your first gaming industry job?

  2. Hey there,

    Been reading your blog for a some time now. Im an aspiring Game Designer, currently about 5 months from graduation at Full Sail. Unfortunately they changed the Game Dev and Design degree to just Game Dev, so its mainly focus'ed on Programming.

    With that in mind, when I get my BA in Computer Science from Full Sail, how can I go about showing Companies, that I can be a competent designer and that I understand Game Design Fundamentals.

    I read Articles on Gamasutura, I help design portions of my friends games in Final Project, I look at games I play like League of Legends and come up with game concepts and idea's and flesh them out. I run a Minecraft Server, with custom mods, I help develop.

    What else could I possibly do to make my self more appealing to a company looking to hire a Junior / Assistant Game Designer.

  3. Unknown says:

    Great questions already! I'll start getting responses ready and post the first one tomorrow.

  4. Anonymous says:

    Jameson,
    I have a question:
    How do you handle NDA's and the veritable "Honey how was your day?" question? In other words how do you balance talking to your spouse or girlfriend about what you are doing and sharing that part of your life with them when you are legally not allowed to disclose most of what you do each day?

    It's something I have been thinking about today a little bit, and was wondering what someone like you who has been in the biz for awhile would say about it.
    Thanks

  5. JohnRyanAudio says:

    Hey Jameson,

    I'm a Full Sail Recording Arts alumni. I have been pursuing game audio for about 6 months now and decided that I want to pursue a career in games.

    I am learning C++ in my spare time, and I am interested in going back to school for Full Sail's game development program, but it is something I can not afford after getting my B.S. in RA.

    I am doing sound design for an indie game dev and I am working towards building "scenarios" with Fmod and Wwise to build my demo material.

    I believe I would be interested in pursuing a career in other aspects of the game development than just audio, but I am unclear about the different positions in a company and what they do.

    My question is-

    What is the difference between game development and game design, and what are the common job positions in each?

    Thanks for your time,
    I look forward to your future blogs and tweets!

    @JohnRyanAudio

  6. Unknown says:

    good questions here, i'll get those in line for a response soon :)

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -