Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, April 28, 2015



I just registered to run in the Disney World Marathon in 2016!

This is something I've thought a lot about over the last six months...for a long time felt like I would stick to shorter distances.  But, eventually I realized that getting a faster time at a distance I've already achieved wasn't impactful for me.  What I really care about is having a distance goal and achieving it.  I made my mind up after doing the 10k last weekend at the Illinois Marathon and seeing all of the Marathon runners working hard to finish.

Then the debate was which race to run and I went back and forth a lot. The Illinois Marathon where I would have so many friends to cheer me on? Or the Disney Marathon in Orlando which is like a second home to me?

In the end, it was the training schedule that made the decision for me.  Being able to do most of my long runs in the Fall while working toward a January race sounds way better than through an Illinois Winter to race in April.

So, that means I'm going to need lots of my Orlando friends to come cheer me on...26.2 miles is gonna be tough!  I'm also hoping I can convince a few friends and family to fly down to Orlando with me to cheer and celebrate my birthday :)

Time to get one of these!

You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Fitness posts
See other Disney World posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -