Posted by : Unknown Saturday, June 13, 2015


Most of you probably already know that I went on a diet back in 2012 and lost over 50 lbs.  From that point I started exercising daily to keep the weight off, and have been mostly successful over the last three years.  I run 2-3 days a week, do Body Pump 1-2 times, play softball/volleyball 2-3 nights and then mix in other things like Insanity or PiYo the rest of the days.  Every day I get stronger and can't complain about my results, but I have hit a bit of a wall over the last year or so.  I hover around the same weight and can't get rid of some belly fat.

So I took the advice of my friend and coach, Erica, and joined her June accountability group. It's 4 weeks of support and encouragement from 20+ others that have the same goals I do.  I can get 1 point each day for doing the following things:

  • Drinking Shakeology
  • Eating every 2-3 hours
  • Drinking half of my weight in ounces of Water
  • Exercising 30 minutes
  • Consume no processed foods, sweets, or alcohol
Aside from daily exercise, I haven't been doing any of these things...period.  I would often skip meals and eat a couple of large ones each day.  Everyone here knows that I love beer, so not drinking this month hasn't been my favorite thing but I'm getting by fine ;)

I will post a full report at the end of June, but I'm two weeks in at this point and already down 5 lbs that I wasn't able to lose before.  I have way more energy, enjoy eating every couple of hours, and crave water above anything else..but still one cup of coffee in the morning (instead of 3-6 cups throughout the day).  I'm achieving 4-5 points every day and loving this new lifestyle.

I will go into more details about Shakeology in another post, but I was very skeptical at first.  I can honestly say though, I have more energy and way less cravings for sweets since I started drinking it daily.  I used to eat ice cream every night, lol.  I also joined as a Team Beachbody Coach!  I'm just getting started with that part of it, but I want to have a more direct way to help others achieve the health success that I have achieved and am always working to improve upon.


You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Fitness posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -