Posted by : Unknown Thursday, June 18, 2015



In my Initial Post about training for my first full Marathon, I posted a picture of my potential training plan.  Since then, I have been trying out the early weeks in order to see how I like it and have decided to make a few adjustments.

My current weekly runs are already longer than the first few weeks of the program, so I just removed that part and I now begin officially training on September 21st.  Still long way off, but I'm doing a good amount of pre-training up until then.  I'm currently using my Tuesday runs as a way to increase my speed by pushing myself for .25 miles at a time and then back to normal pace for a bit.  My hope is that I can use this method to get a new PR for a 5k someday in the near future.

I've moved my long runs from Sunday to Saturday.  I found that I had the available time more often on Saturday mornings and the Y is open at 6am, instead of noon on Sundays, so weather won't stop me.  This also means that I get a full rest day on Sundays which will be great recovery for my legs


A new addition into my routine is PiYo!  It is a fantastic mix of Pilates and Yoga which just uses body weight and focuses on the core.  I sweat more from 20 minutes of PiYo than I do from 40 minutes of running.  I have Mondays scheduled for it, but will also weave it in a couple of more times when I need a good stretch or just feel up to it.

I'm currently keeping Insanity on Fridays as my High Intensity Cross Training workout each week.  I may substitute other things like Body Attack here, so I'm staying open to that.

You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Fitness posts
     

One Response so far.

  1. You got this! So proud of you!!!

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -